The Ins and Outs of I-9 and E-Verify: Best Practices to Avoid Steep Penalties
OVERVIEW
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is not letting up. ICE has apparently resolved to
continue auditing and inspecting employer compliance.
Correctly
completing a Form I-9, that seemingly simple form, involves sifting through
gray areas and often conflicting instructions that can prove to be a trap for
the unwary, and often most well-intentioned employers. Even seemingly
minor “paperwork” violations
can land employers in hot water for non-compliance.
WHY
SHOULD YOU ATTEND
As
they say, “The ICE man cometh”. Anyone can claim an employer has not complied
with E-Verify and Form I-9 requirements—and worst of all; those claims don’t
even have to be true to trigger an audit. If that’s not enough, government
agencies are actually starting to “talk” to each other. For example, the US Department of Labor
(DOL) communicates with
the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) communicates
with Child Support Services and on and on.
Research
shows, however, that audits are often triggered by complaints, which, in turn,
most often come from disgruntled employees. Others come from audits of targeted
industries. The point is that you cannot assume that you are immune from an I-9
audit.
Attending
this webinar will help you understand how to correctly fill out the I-9, and if
you have made any mistakes up until now, how to correct them. You will also
learn of new developments and some best practices, which should save your
company from steep penalties.
AREAS
COVERED
Key areas to be covered include, without
limitation:
- Up-to-date
I-9 compliance requirements
- Basic
I-9 document review
- Recognize
the effect of the new Form I-9 on hiring managers and field personnel
- Understand
the new rules for acceptable documents used to verify employment
eligibility
- E-Verify
- pros and cons
- Understand
the impact the new Form I-9 will have on the use of E-Verify
- Conducting
a self-audit of your I-9 process
- How
to avoid the common errors and omissions including recordkeeping errors
- Update
on upcoming ICE I-9 audits
- Penalties
for non-compliance
- Understanding
civil and criminal penalties
- Walking
the fine line between vigilance and illegal overstep when seeking proof of
citizenship
- Establish
best practices for reducing risks and correcting errors when using the new
Form I-9
LEARNING
OBJECTIVES
In
this training session, we will cover what you really need to know about Form
I-9 and E-Verify compliance as well as strategies for assessing hiring policies
and implementing critical changes before ICE comes knocking on the door.
WHO
WILL BENEFIT
- HR
Directors
- HR
Practitioners at all levels
- Employers
- Hiring
Managers
- Business
Owners
- Senior
Managers
- CFO’s
- E-Verify
Users
SPEAKER
Years
of Experience: 20+ years
Areas
of Expertise: Employment Practices and Workforce Challenges
Janette Levey Frisch, founder of The EmpLAWyerologist
Firm, is an employment/HR
attorney with over 20 years
of legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment
practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid
employment practices wellness plans tailored to address an organization’s needs
and concerns.
Use Promo Code 2AN20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
Hurry! Offer valid only till October 31st 2019.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below
link:
Email: support@trainingdoyens.com
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Tel: +1-720-996-1616
Fax: +1-888-909-1882


Comments
Post a Comment